Thursday, September 19, 2013

Corrected HS Bassoon Exercise


One of our band directors emailed me yesterday regarding m.26 of the second high school bassoon exercise.  There was a grace note A-flat that moved to a G-sharp.  Looking ahead to the next measure, my initial thought was that the grace note was probably supposed to be an A-natural.  I emailed Dr. Jacobs to verify, and he confirmed that to be the case and emailed me a corrected version.  I sent it to Garry Taylor and he has already posted the corrected exercise on the website.   If you would, just drop a notification to everyone in your district through email that a small error was found and the corrected version has been posted.
 
I'm actually surprised that someone hadn't brought this to my attention before now, but on the other hand, maybe we don't have a great number of bassoons that are already working on all-state yet:-).  Thanks for your help with this!
 
Rusty Courson, Ed.S. (ABD)
Director of Bands
Smiths Station High School
P.O. Box 253
4228 Lee Road 430
Smiths Station, AL  36877-0253
School:  (334) 664-4435
Home:  (334) 298-7128
Cell:  (706) 289-4721
Fax:  (334) 298-1304
website:  www.sshsband.org
President:  Alabama Bandmasters Association

No comments:

Post a Comment